My True Love

Friday, June 1, 2007

WHY THERE IS SOMEONE FOR EVERYONE EXCEPT ME

I have so many things to learn about dating, MEN, and their confusing taste in women. Honestly, I have been away from the dating scene for far too long that I forget what it feels like to have someone. If I do find that special guy, how do I know if he likes me? And why am I even thinking about this when no guy has even asked me out on a date? DESPERATION? No lah! I just want to be prepared in case Ricky Martin asks me out sometime soon.

My role in life has always been "one of the boys". I am happy chillin with my mates. Having them around is like having so many boyfriends who I can hug anytime when I feel like it. Since my adolescence, they never failed to protect me from boys who are like them. I am also glad to meet and remain friends with the girls that come and go in their lives.

A bonus is that my "bouncers" introduce me to their hot male friends. I never realized that even as far as KL, I would still play that part. One clubbing night, I brought a guy (till now I still don't know if I could call him my date) to meet the gang. Their jaw dropped. And he is now a good friend of mine who I set up with my gurlfriends. So you see, I am indeed just a true blue pimp.

I have never tapau (take-out) "1 night boyfriends" home, and if I do we would be faced with the greatest contraception of all - my embarrassingly messy room. Yes I'm still a senorita waiting for a maid to clean up. My best pal has slept over, and now I truly believe that there is such a thing as a platonic relationship despite sleeping on the same bed! HURRAH! Am I such a good girl or what sistah?!

Being one of the boys has taught me to NEVER seriously consider men I meet in clubs. They try to give me these cheezy pick up lines. They show their interest in me, but once I converse with topics that is worth talking about, they run to the next brainless babe. Disappointing at times to see some rare hot men go with some "exotic" chics that I myself wouldn't date, if I were a guy. But who am I to judge. I'm not a hot chic but neither do I understand their taste. Most often than not, I see this every single weekend. I just shrug and tell myself that "beauty is in the eyes of the beerholder". Lucky I'm not the one holding the bottle.

Maybe the world is not ready for me, or I may just be meant to be single and play "OLD MAID" with the widowers when I reach 60. Or MAYBE I'M JUST A GIRL...NOT YET A WOMAN. But one thing's for sure, Ricky Martin has yet to find me :)

I'm just having too much fun with them ... I think this is why I'm single.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you serious about not being hot? lol! seriously, any guy would be lucky to be with you!

Karla K. said...

Thank you for the kind words :) *blush*blush*