My True Love

Monday, September 10, 2007

IF THE SHOE FITS

BEFORE I FINISH MY TAG LIST, I GOT SOMETHING TO SAY...

I went to do some last minute shopping for toiletries yesterday before I head back to Singapore today. I'm a SHOPPAHOLIC, impulsive only when I find something distinct that excites my senses. I’m currently celebrating my 3rd month of being a celibate shopper.

Browsing through some shops, my eyes locked on a pair of sexy mauve strappy stilettos. My eyes widened, I fell in love with it. I wanted it. I needed to get it. And so I did...plus I felt the same about the other two hot designer pairs in black and silver.

I hurried to meet my friend for coffee, chuckled when I found him - he stared at me in shock. I responded with amusement saying "Yes, it's me sporting my newly dyed black hair". I have never had vampy black hair before. And so his inquisition began with "You changed jobs, shifted countries, now you dyed your hair black in a span of three weeks! What is going on? Have you been dumped?"
I boldly mouthed "NO". Ironic thing is, haven’t gone out on a date since my college days. If I was on a date for the past year, I would probably be too naïve to know. I'm aware of a big L blinking on my forehead.

I didn't realize I was doing drastic changes at this time of my life. I thought I was just making things better; totally clueless that something is going on. He glanced at my shopping bags - now this shouldn't be a surprise. I defensively gave him a stern look and said "Listen, it's not easy for my to find a pair that I like". He teasingly smiled and said "Well it’s not always ok to be picky lah, but when you find THE ONE, don't let go". Is there a double meaning to this? Was he actually suggesting a parallelism between shoes and MEN?

I rarely (almost never) find a pair that fits "me", and when I do – I feel it was fate. It wasn't my intention. I wasn't looking, yet it was meant for me. The first is almost impossible to find but luckily, I have found THE ONE … and two … and three – funny, why cant the latter be applicable to men?

1 comment:

Cristina said...

Good for you, missy!

I am DYING to go shopping, too! :-)